Necessary Equipment and Items list
- Heat proof bowl
- Medium sized pot, enough to fit a bowl over
- Metal, glass or paper cup with a beak
- 3 Lip balm containers (available in grocery stores)
- 2 Tablespoons of organic beeswax pellets
- 2 Tablespoons of shea butter
- 2 Tablespoons of food grade coconut oil
- Optional: 5 drops of your desired fragrance, preferably food grade fragrance oils, which can be found in the baking sections of grocery stores.
- Place the beeswax pellets, shea butter and food grade coconut oil into a heatproof bowl over a pot of water.
- Heat the water over low heat to melt the ingredients.
- Optionally, continue to keep the ingredients over some heat, as you add in a few drops of any fragrance oil(s) of your preference. Be sure to use natural, food-grade fragrance oils. Food grade fragrance oils and essential oils are not the same thing. If you do not wish to add any fragrance oils, you can skip this step.
- Turn off the heat and pour the mixture into a cup - metal, glass or paper, the choice is yours.
- Before the mixture has the chance to harden, carefully use this to distribute the mixture into empty lip balm containers.
- Leave the mixture harden and cool to room temperature.
- Once the mixture is at room temperature, cap the containers with their covers.